Friday, January 31, 2014

IN THE MEAN TIME.....


While we were not looking.... the month of January flew by! 
O.K. maybe we were looking, but we were also busy.  Most of the country was doing their best to stay warm and safe. Temperatures dropped to below 0 in some places, including ours. At one point our water froze and a pipe burst! We were blessed with a great insurance company, great contacts of companies who came out and took care of the clean up, and blessed that it wasn't worse and mainly involced the garage and not the main part of the house. 
We were also blessed in that it didn't get into the studio. 
The temps however did play a part in less studio work time this month. I did manage to get two quilts done for customers, but am a bit behind where I wanted to be at this time. I will catch up. 
For the first time I have a waiting list of quilt work to be done. Most customers are not in a hurry which is a help, but I still do my best to get them done quickly so they can have their quilts and I can work on other customer quilts, or my own. 

IN THE MEAN TIME - I've been making ornaments!  I have several orders for Christmas ornaments for this year and am working on filling those orders. (Some are ordering several and spreading the order out throughout the year to better budget their money and save me from a mad rush at the end of the year. I am appreciative to that thoughtfulness).  In the mean time..... I've made a couple ornaments/decorations for Valentine's day and even more for Easter. Those that are still available for sale can be found on my Etsy shop!   I LOVE making these!  Yes, they take some time to make. But are a great way to use smaller amounts of fabric!  I now have a supply of ribbons I never thought I'd have a use for! LOL   

Temperatures are now getting higher and this weekend (Saturday) I'll be in the quilt studio working on at least 2 customer's quilts. Back into the rhythm of what makes up Quilter's Pantry!

May you all have a wonderful weekend! For those watching the commercials on Sunday - otherwise known as the Super Bowl - have fun!  I'll be working, but watching when I get home..... Love the commercials! 

Til next time..... keep those needles stitching, the fabric in stitches, and your imagination and creativity flowing!  Share your joy with others and watch their faces light up!   

Phyllis

No comments:

Post a Comment