Monday, December 1, 2014

Trees


As we enter into December we are all starting to look at Christmas trees. 
 
Some have very large trees, others have smaller trees. Some are real, some are alive and still in dirt to be replanted, and some are artificial. 

Some are even homemade and rather tiny compared to the artificial and real ones. 

But they all have a purpose. 


Homemade, small/tiny trees fit in places others don't. They are very portable. They are perfect for those in RV's, nursing homes, hospitals, or shelters. They fit on a mantel, dresser, a night stand, even a window sill. They are perfect on your desk at work.

Over 25 years ago I made my first miniature Christmas tree because my husband and I were moving from a large house into a 31 foot motor home. We had put our house up for sale in October and it sold quickly! So quickly the buyers wanted to move in by December 15th of that year. So we had to be out by the 13th. 
We moved from a 5 bedroom, 3 story house into that motor home just fine. I made sure my sewing machine went with us. (I didn't even sew back then and certainly wasn't into quilting!  We were in the motorcycle business!!). I also made sure we had a Christmas tree to put up in our new home. 

(We lived in that motor home for 5 years and I put up that same tree each year ---- we didn't have a stationary home, just the RV). 

25 years later...... we are out of the motorcycle business for 20 years now. I'm a quilter with my own business including longarming of quilts.  AND....

I'm back to making tiny trees!  These are much better than the one I made all those years ago.... (which I still have and put out in my studio each year! LOL).   

I have a couple of them for sale in my Etsy shop. https://www.etsy.com/shop/QuiltersPantry


I even make quilted fabric pine cones..... 

and........






quilted fabric ornaments !!! 

So if you have a special place needing a special touch but can't have a real or even artificial tree..... contact me. I can help you out!  

Til next time...
Keep those needles stitching
Those creative juices flowing
and take time to celebrate the season. 

Phyllis



No comments:

Post a Comment