Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

 Happy Thanksgiving! 
( I got to sleep in a bit late this morning as I will be working 8pm - 4:30 am. at my job in retail
 Giving thanks today for all that we have been blessed with this year.
I also give thanks for all those who are working today. As much as we in retail complain about having to work horrible hours and get little sleep, we appreciate: our military who are working 24/7 for our freedoms; our medical personal who are there taking care of us when we are sick, or on call 'just in case'; the police who work to help keep us safe; and for those who are traveling we appreciate the hotels, convenient stores, gas stations who are there as we need them. And to all those on the TV and Radio supplying us with news and entertainment a thank you to you too.
We often don't give these groups of people a thought that they too have to rearrange their family time to accommodate being there for the rest of us. There is no "Normal" in our lives today. For what is 'normal' for one is not the same 'normal' as another. 

Take time if you are out today to say a special "Thank You" to all those who are working and are there for us when we need, and yes, 'want' them.
So today - enjoy your 'normal' day however you get to spend it and be thankful for all that you have been blessed with. Even when things don't seem to be going well for us, we are still blessed with so much. Having others to reach out to is one of those things. 
As for me ---
I am thankful for my family, friends and all my readers, my quilting family and those who just stop by and read what I have to say. You mean so much to me even though I may have never met you.


Have a blessed day. 

Til next time - keep those needles stitching.
 
Phyllis

No comments:

Post a Comment