Saturday, April 20, 2013

TOOK A BREAK.....

Picnic Quilt
I took a break from writing tips this week. I actually took a break from quilting for most of the week. I did finish the binding on this picnic quilt and on a table runner. Pic is before I finished it.  
I made this one to use this summer when we take our grandson outside to play. At 8 months old he was already reaching for the bugs in this fabric so decided it would be perfect to just toss on the floor or the ground for him to sit on. 

Many fabrics talk to us and the fabric I used in this one spoke, "Picnic" to me.  

Isn't it amazing when we hear the fabric talk to us? I often offer to help my customers find fabrics only to be met with: "I don't know what I'm looking for, but I'll know it when I see it."  

I also love it when my quilts and customer's quilts talk to me and tell me what design they want quilted on them. Some speak instantly, some tell me even before they are done being pieced. A few fabrics have actually told me what design they wanted quilted on them before they were even cut! And sometimes the quilt pattern talks to me.

For all you non quilters who read this.... no we are not silly, or delusional. We are quilters. And yes, our fabrics talk to us.  It's a quiet, private conversation.  If you ever see a person when the fabric talks to them be aware - we talk back to it!  

I hope you all have a great week. Listen to your fabrics and enjoy the conversation. 

Til next time - keep those needles stitching. 
And remember if you need quilting work done or want to buy a quilt check out www.quilterspantry.com   

Phyllis  

No comments:

Post a Comment