Monday, May 7, 2012

THE FRIENDSHIP OF QUILTERS

Good morning and welcome to new week!

There is so much going on in all our lives and I know each of you is busy doing what you do.  I am honored that you have taken time out to visit my blog and spend time here.

Quilter's are a wide variety of people. It doesn't matter who you are, where you are from, what your age is, what you do for a living, how big or small your home is, or how much free time you have. It doesn't matter what your education is, what your views of the country or the world are, or any other factor in your life.  We, as quilters, have a bond like no other I've ever known. 

When I first began quilting, for real (I had attempted many years ago and just couldn't get it right, so quit) I suddenly found I had things in common with more people, men and women, than I could have imagined.
And every quilter is more than happy to share, to help, to offer suggestions, to just be there for other quilters. 

I resisted joining a guild for a long time, but now that I have, and I have gotten to know some of the members, it is a good feeling to have the friendships and see all the work they do as a group to help those in need.  If you haven't joined a local guild yet, look for one in your area and go visit.

I have the privilege of working in the local fabric department, as well as my own quilting business.  The joy of getting to play with fabric all day long is nice, but meeting the customers and being able to help them, or learn from them about their projects is a blessing. I look forward to seeing and hearing what their latest projects are. I also enjoy helping them pick out fabrics and helping them with measurements.   I especially enjoy helping those new to quilting, or those who say they have never quilted but want to learn.

And so it is, on this new day and new week I am headed off to play (work) with fabric all day. Tonight I will be back in the Quilter's Pantry studio to work on customer orders. 

May each of you have a wonderful day. Reach out and share with a fellow quilter today. 

 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment