Friday, June 29, 2012

4th of July



Welcome to the 4th of July weekend.  With the 4th of July being next Wednesday it makes it hard to know when everyone is going to celebrate it.  Some took today and include the weekend. Others will just take next Wednesday off. 

Locally, here in Jonesborough, TN the Jonesborough Days have begun. The vendors were set up and people were walking around town this evening when we drove past on our way home from grocery shopping.  Tomorrow will be the town's parade. The fireworks have been cancelled for this year due to the dry weather we have had for the last couple of weeks. 

The temperature here today officially hit 102!  And tomorrow they are calling for 100.  There was such a power surge in the surrounding areas that two towns lost their power! Greeneville, TN lost their power just after we finished our grocery shopping and while DH was pumping gas!  Oh, the joys of no power! 

And what am I doing while all this heat and celebration is going on?  I'll be quilting!  Quilter's Pantry studio is rather cool and nice to work in.  And I have quilts to make! :)

I hope you all are able to take time over this weekend and holiday to enjoy time with family and friends. Stay cool and stay safe. 

We are also thinking and praying for those who have been affected by the rains and flooding in the south, and those affected by the fires out West is Colorado and neighboring areas. 

The quilt  pictured is one of the early quilts I made. I did the stitching just stitch in the ditch with my regular domestic sewing machine. It was the last one I've done that way as it was just before I got the longarm machine.

Til next time....
Phyllis

No comments:

Post a Comment