Friday, March 1, 2013

WHILE ON VACATION....

"TREE LINED PATHWAYS"

"TREE LINED PATHWAYS"
In case you've missed me, I've been on vacation.  It's only been a vacation from my regular job, as I've been busy in the quilt studio of Quilter's Pantry, getting ready for the quilt show. But it's been a wonderful week (for the most part).
 
I've finished the above wall hanging that will be displayed and judged in the show, quilted a large quilt for a customer, took a few orders, made several Kindle Cases and IPad cases (doing the hand work now) that will be for sale at the show and then on the Quilter's Pantry shop.  

Vacation started with a trip to Biltmore in NC. with family. A tour of the amazing house and then dinner in Asheville. And then a day of just chillin'.
 
That was mixed with a day of babysitting my awesome Grandson, AJ




AJ is 6 months old already and doing well. For those who know the story, he was only 3 lbs 3 oz when he was born 8 1/2 weeks early.  He is now just about 13 lbs. It's so wonderful to be able to see him often and watch him grow and be doing more and more each time I see him. 

It was also mixed with sadness as a friend of mine passed away on Monday. She was a sweet sweet lady who always had a smile and a kind word for everyone. 
I attended her funeral last night and was amazed at all the people whom she had touched that came out to say their goodbyes. She truly will be missed. 

My week of vacation is ending today. I am spending it busy as always.Tomorrow I go back to working outside the studio as well as continuing the quilting.

Don't forget ---- Quilt show coming up Friday and Saturday, March 8 - 9 at Crossroads Christian Church, in Gray, TN!  Show will have some amazing quilts on display; Nolting Longarm rep will be there with a longarm for you to try out; a yard sale of quilting related items.  No fee to attend! There is also a cafe set up for food and drinks to purchaseLooking forward to seeing some of you! I'll be set up as a vendor so stop by and say "Hello"

Also ---- my next beginners quilting class is March 23rd.  Contact me for details if you would like to learn to quilt.  Space is limited to 3.  I like the small class as it gives me a chance for more one on one instruction and help to the students.  

For those with quilting questions feel free to comment and ask me, or send me a message. I'll do my best to answer it for you, or find the answer for you!  

Until next time ---- Keep those needles stitching and have a wonderful week. 

Phyllis
  
  



No comments:

Post a Comment