Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Springtime at Your Table

Table Topper and Placemat set
With Spring finally here, flowers in bloom and leaves on the trees it's time to add a bit of that to the inside of the home as well. This set is the perfect combination. 

As you can see quilting doesn't always have to produce bed size or even baby quilts. There are many things to make under the quilt category and this set is just a sample of one. 

Table toppers are fun and easy to make. For someone who wants to quilt, but prefers to have something completed quickly this is a good way to go. Quilts can sometimes take ...... years. Yes, Years.  It depends on the time you have available to quilt and how enthused you are about a particular quilt. I have one that is taking me over a year as I keep putting it aside to work on other projects and customer quilts.

Smaller items to quilt include small baby quilts, doll quilts, mini quilts, wall hangings, table runners, mug rugs, placemats, and even tote bags, purses. 

Small quilts are fun to have as art work on your walls and table covers in your kitchen/dinning room or coffee table and end tables. They come in all sizes shapes and colors. 

Need one made just for you???? Let me know. Want to learn to make your own?????? Contact me - if you live close I can teach you hands on.

In the mean time......I made these to have for sale and you can find them on my Etsy shop and my web shop.  

Til next time, 
Keep those needles stitching and your imagination expanding. 

Phyllis

No comments:

Post a Comment