Friday, August 10, 2012

THE TINIEST HAND CAN CHANGE EVERYTHING

This week has been one we will never forget. 

A time when we learned that no matter how well we plan things, no matter how we want things to go for us, there are times when others have other ideas and plans and you just have to stop your world and let them be in control of most all that you do. 

On Wednesday of this week my daughter went into premature labor.  She was not due until the first part of October.  They did what they could to stop the labor to help the baby develop his lungs as much as they could. I spent most of the last two days with her in the hospital. Keeping her and her husband company as she rested.

This morning we got a call at 12:30 that they were going to have to do an emergency C-Section. 

At 12:31 AM our little grandson was born. He weighs just 3 lbs 3 oz and is only 15 inches long.
He is doing well and so is my daughter.  

It's amazing how such a tiny human being can change your life's plans.  All that I had planned to do this week came to a stop the moment I learned she was in labor.  I put a stop to all my quilting. I took off work early, I spent as much time with her as I could.

And that is how it should be. Family comes first. I may be a workaholic for the most part, but this tiny grandson of mine found a way to make me slow down.  I am sure he will continue to rule my heart, and I will spoil him!
 
Today we get some rest, visit with them and make new plans as they prepare for his continued care at the hospital and prepare for when he is older and big enough to come home. 

Next week I will go back to making quilts, taking in customer orders, designing new quilts with the added family member requiring us to have our 'baby fix'.  I love that they only live 5 miles from us! Makes the 'baby fix' easier to control. 

For all of you how find yourself too busy at times to enjoy life.... stop! Take the time you need for family. Let them know you love them and that you are there for them. A quilt is nice, a hug is even better. A hug which includes a quilt that wraps around you both ---- the best!  


Til next time....
Phyllis
 


No comments:

Post a Comment