Sunday, March 4, 2012

Another weekend has come and gone

SLPC#1004 W/ key fob

SLPC#1004 W/ key fob closed view

Large legal pad organizer #LLPC 1002
This weekend went by way too fast. It was a bit rough Friday night with the storms in the area, but we were spared any damage and didn't even have that much rain. We did stay up late to watch the news as they kept us informed all evening long as to where the storms and tornadoes were headed. 

For all those who were affected by them, had damage, lost their homes, and those that lost loved ones we are praying for you.

I had so much I wanted to get done this weekend and one thing I had to get done. I managed to get the one thing accomplished that I had to do. Plus made these two legal pad cover/organizers. I also have about 6 more covers in various stages of being made. I will work on those over this week in the mornings before I go to work. 

I also longarmed two wall hangings that I am hand sewing the binding on this week during my breaks at work.

All these will be at the show I am working at the end of the month. One of our local churches is doing a fund raiser for a mission trip. One of the members is going to go on the trip and invited me to be one of the vendors. I will have my quilts there as well as wall hangings, legal pad covers, baby bibs and whatever else I can make in time. The show is March 31st. So I have some time to get things done. 

My hours at my regular job have not increased since the beginning of the year so it gives me extra time to work on things for Quilter's Pantry.  If you have a quilt top that needs to be longarmed now is a great time to contact me to get it done. There is NO waiting at this time. Its never too early to get the quilts done for those birthday gifts, and even the Christmas gifts.  If you would like to have one made I can also do that for you. Don't forget that Quilter's Pantry has some for sale too.  Check out the web site for more details on all the services. 

I hope you all have had a good weekend and that the week ahead shows promise for good things to come your way.  May God bless. 

Catch up with you all later. Time to call it a night and get some rest before the next round of work starts. :)

Phyllis 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment