Friday, March 16, 2012

Relay for Life/American Cancer Society Quilt

I have been honored to be selected to make a quilt for one of the local Relay for Life/American Cancer Society events. I have 6 weeks or so to make it. The quilt will be my own design, and include embroidery which a friend is doing for me. Another friend is going to help with the piecing after I cut all the pieces. I will them do the longarm work on it. I will also be making a custom label for the back.  

I've wanted to make a cancer quilt for as long as I've been quilting and just never got to it. I've lost a sister-in-law and a good friend during that time. 
While this quilt will be for the Relay for Life silent auction it will hold special meaning to me as I make it.

This quilt may lead to me making a second one, just because, and in memory or honor of: 
My mother, father-in-law, grandmother, one of my good friends from high school, my husband's sister, cousin, and his aunt, and several of our friends/acquaintances. 

I will post pictures of the quilt when it is done and maybe as I am working on it. 

If you are in the area - the quilt will be up for silent auction on May 12, 2012. I will post more information as time gets closer to the event. 

Praying for all those who are fighting the battle of cancer and for those who have won as well as the families who have lost loved ones to this disease. 

The picture is one of the fabrics I am using in the quilt. 
 
God Bless

Phyllis

No comments:

Post a Comment